Hate crime is a criminal offence; it’s where someone is targeted because of their race, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation or because of a disability.
If you have been or know someone that may have been a victim of Hate Crime you can report this to the Police on 101 or on line at True Vision , please see the link below.
There is also lots of advice on hand on the West Midlands Police website please see link below
Victims of hate crime can find it difficult to report what has happened to them for fear of reprisal. They can be reluctant to contact the Police directly. We have a number of reporting centres in Solihull where victims can speak to professionals face to face. The centres are located within a wide and diverse range of services. Staff are trained to deal with any situation sensitively and offer advice on how to get help.
You can report any hate crime incident at one of your local reporting centres listed below.
- Solihull Community Advice Hubs: The Core, Theatre Square, B91 3RG and Chelmsley Wood Library, 10 West Mall, Chelmsley Wood, B37 5TN
- Citizens Advice: The Core Homer Rd B91 3RG and 176 Bosworth Drive B37 5DZ
- Bromford Group:Flat 75 Wharf Lane B91 2LF. Flat 1, 237B Stratford Road B90 3AH
- DIAL Solihull: 0121 770 0333
- Solihull Action Through Advocacy (SATA) 11-13 Land Lane Marston Green B37 7DL
- Solihull Connect: 0121 704 6000
- Solihull Community Housing at your local connect office
- St Augustine’s Church: 1 Herbert Road B91 3QE
- You+Centre: 1 Coppice Way B37 5TS
For more information, contact numbers and addresses you can visit the Solihull Council website
For professionals there are posters downloads available on the True Vision Website which can be displayed in the public areas of your businesses. This will help to raise awareness about reporting Hate Crime.
Simply click on link below